Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sticks and stones........

Tonight my feelings were hurt.  An old high school acquaintance who I've remained in contact with via Facebook, posted a very insensitive comment on something I posted.

Not only were my feelings hurt, but it just made the realization of future pain, more palpable.  It made me realize that people in our lives - our circle of influence and loved ones - are going to accept Carson for who he is.  They are going to see Carson for everything he is, not just any disabilities or differences he may have.  And yet outside of the security of that circle, there are people who are going to be judging and possibly cruel.  There are going to be people who may call him names, talk down to him, treat him wrongly.  I know that with any child, hurt is going to come.  Pain, sadness and hurt are all apart of this sinful world.  But tonight my heart is heavy for the hurt and pain that will mostly likely come to Carson, because of people's glances, comments, and words used.

I want to wrap my arms around my precious boy and block out the insensitivity, the foolish talk of others. Tonight I am in tears... and just a little angry.  I am going to take some time to give my hurt, my worries, my anger and my tears over to My Father, My Provider and Savior.  Lord, show me how to lovingly protect my son.  Show me how to comfort him when he is sad and hurt.  Show me how to encourage others around me, to be more sensitive and thoughtful.... teach me to be more sensitive and thoughtful.

3 comments:

  1. ...because you are my sister in Christ...my heart hurts when your heart hurts...so...in my prayers i will wrap my arms around you and "block out the insensitivity and foolish talk of others"...and i will be there for you in the midnight hour when we are most vulnerable...what blessed children you have...they have you for their mother...what blessed children we all are...we have Jesus for our God...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand. My son has similar issues to yours (www.jareds-hope.net) and my 6 year old accepts him fully as how he is yet outsiders that don't know his story see him as just brain injured. It's frustrating and sending you huge hugs. Id love to email with you if you are up to it. Elrclover@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your wonderful comments!!! I am always looking to connect with other mom's who "get it"!!! If you are on Facebook - please look me up!!!! (https://www.facebook.com/achampine0302). I also have a site for my son called Team Carson (https://www.facebook.com/achampine0302#!/group.php?gid=142155412465950)

    ReplyDelete